08 January 2008

Rexburg Temple

Last night for family night I loaded up the kids and drove to Rexburg for the Temple open house. What a great experience it was for me to take my children to the temple. The temple is such a beautiful place and to be able to experience this with my kids was such a spiritual experience. As we walked and sat in the various rooms I was struck with the thought of how lucky I am that we are an eternal family and what a huge responsibility it is to be parents of wonderful children of God. As we sat in the Celestial room I was explaining to Eryn how this room represents where Heavenly Father and Jesus live and if we live our lives in accordance to the gospel we can live with them. What a sweet experience it was to be with Payton and Eryn in a place that is as close to Heaven as we can be on this earth.
We went into a sealing room and we were able to look into the mirrors and what a comforting thought it was that I have an eternal family.
I just hope that they will remember the spirit they felt there and will make the decisions in their lives to return.

1 comment:

shron said...

you and crystal are such good moms! the modern-day mom has so much more figured out than we did. keep up the good work.